Tuesday, January 21, 2020

November 2019

November has got to be one of my favorite months.  I love fall, Thanksgiving and hello it's my birthday month! We always have a blast!
Saturday November 2nd Titi and Nana met up with Aubrey and I in Turlock for some pre-Birthday fun.  Shopping and lunch! 

When I came home the boys surprised me with birthday balloons.
Sunday November 3rd I turned 39! Crazy that it's my last year in my 30's! The day started out with a gym trip with my favorite work out buddy...
Then home for some donuts and gifts!!
I was spoiled with all my favorite things...



I even got to do a scavenger hunt...



After gift opening we went to In N Out for lunch and then to the movies.
We saw Maleficent which was really fun.

Then we went to Sizzler for dinner and home for my favorite pie.
November Relief Society Newsletter...
Carter had a big Indian Project due at school the beginning of November.  He did a great job and got 100%.  His presentation was amazing.  He was lucky to get the Indian Tribe that live up by Nana and Papa.  He had a lot of great things to share about the Miwok Indians.
Thursday November 7th was the Jog A Thon at school.  I was excited to get to volunteer and cheer the runners on.
November slime kit!
 and science kit! We have had such a fun year with these kits from Nana and Papa.

 We got word that Grandma Supinger was coming to stay with us for 2 weeks after Thanksgiving so instead of kicking Aubrey out of her room which we usually do Spencer turned our 3 bedroom house into 4! I didn't think he could do it all by himself but he provide me wrong and built an amazing 4th bedroom in our loft!



 Monday Nov. 11th was Veteran's Day.  Both Aubrey and Carter were in the parade.  Nana, Papa and Titi came down for the day to do lunch and watch the parade...








 Spencer kept busy with the room project...
 In honor of World Kindness day the school made a huge rock garden.  I was excited I got to be there to see them paint their rocks...
 The trees here in Merced are just amazing!
 Carter has become quite the baker!! He loves to make cookies and his favorite are snicker doodles. 
 The room is really coming a long!


 I subbed in Aubrey's class right before Thanksgiving break.  I had them draw a turkey they all came out so cute!


 Flannel Day at school...
 The PTC had a farewell to Fall picnic lunch planned for the week after Thanksgiving.  They needed someone to store the pumpkins that were donated from a local farm until the picnic and since I was hosting the Supinger Thanksgiving I volunteered to be the hostess of the pumpkins.  I thought it would be a couple pumpkins but when the truck showed up with a couple high school boys I realized it was more than a couple!! My porch was filled to the rim!   
 It was fun to decorate with them all around the front, back and inside for Thanksgiving....
 The kids and I made some cute Christmas Gnomes...
 Carter's troop making some decorations for the Christmas tree at the court house...
Spencer was in the Chowchilla news for his work on a huge water well... 
 Lunch with my boy!
 I got to sub in Carter's class the last week of school and instead of a turkey we did a snow globe so it could be hanging in the class all winter long...

 Spencer's company Christmas party was way early this year! I think because the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas was so short they made his party early.  It was down in Fresno again at the Roger Rocka's Dinner Theater.  This year it was Elf the Musical and I was so excited! We made a weekend out of it so Nana and Papa came and got the kids and dogs on Friday 11/22.  Spencer and I got to have a nice date night in Merced Friday night and then Saturday went down to Fresno.  We started our Christmas shopping, then went to the play/dinner and then stayed at the Double Tree for a night.  It was a nice weekend away.

 Dinner was yummy.  The play was so so.  I wish it stuck more to the movie and that it had more Christmas music.
 We had a huge group of QK employees there! 
 This is the group that came from Merced.
 Sunday morning we had brunch at Cheese Cake Factory which was amazing!


 After our trip I went up to Sonora to get the kiddos!
Then it was officially Thanksgiving Break!
We relaxed Monday.
Tuesday Aubrey woke up with a bad tooth ache and sure enough it was an impacted baby tooth that needed to be pulled so her and I went to that and then to a treat at Starbucks and to walk around Target. 
 Aubrey picked out a new Christmas tree for her room this year....
 Wednesday we had fun decorating the kids rooms...

 and doing some Christmas crafts!

 As you can see we had Fall and Christmas up.  I was dying having to wait to put Christmas up this year! We usually do it the week of Thanksgiving but since we were hosting the Supinger Thanksgiving on Saturday November 30th I had to hold back my Christmas excitement and keep Fall up. In order to have a perfect medium I did get to have our tree up.  After crafting and decorating I took Aubrey to get her hair cut and styled.  She looks so grown up!
 Then we all went out to dinner and to Frozen 2.
 Carter's troop leader was so nice to cut all these wood rounds for me for our Thanksgiving table.
 Thursday November 28th was Thanksgiving! We woke up watched the parade and enjoyed cinnamon rolls.
 Then we packed up the car and headed up to Sonora for the Schillerstrom Thanksgiving...
 It was a white Thanksgiving this year which was so cool!!!!!


 
 It was so much fun playing a little in the snow and seeing the puppies reaction.
  My parents were the sweetest.  The had the idea for me to bring up some of Deucies ashes to sprinkle on their property.  They then planted a Dog Wood Tree to always remember Deuce.  It was a very special memorial for our sweet puppy!  

It felt so nice being with family all day and enjoying all the things we are grateful for. 






 Dinner was the BEST.  The turkey was the moistest turkey ever and all the sides were unbelievable!  
 Titi's pies were a huge hit too!
 It was a perfect Thanksgiving!
 Friday 11/29 was spent getting ready for the next family Thanksgiving.  I had a beautiful vision of having a huge outdoor Thanksgiving lunch.  But the cool fall days became stormy rainy days really fast!! The weather for the weekend was rain and very cold so we had to make due and have the party inside.  It was a bit crazy.  My wood rounds looked too big and too rustic for inside so we didn't use them but I did snap a quick pic of what I would have done if the party was outside.
 We got the house all ready for our 30 guest! 
 and Grandmas room was all ready too!
 Saturday November 30th was here and so was the whole family! Our house was very crowded and I realized why I like to have the spring and summer parties.  Being stuck inside made for a crowded party.  The meal turned out great and everyone seemed to have had fun....

 Since Grayson our nephew received his Eagle Scout we had his court of honor that day at our house...




 We also celebrated the November birthdays...

 It was a great day and a wonderful way to end our fabulous month! Now we get to have grandma here for a couple weeks.  We were so excited to have her even the puppies too!

No comments: