Monday, October 1, 2018

The rest of August

In honor of finishing the first week of school we took the kids to The Island Water park on Saturday 8/18 and had a blast! It was such a hot day so it was nice to be wet the entire day.  The kids are at the perfect age.  We pretty much went on every water slide and spent lots of time on the lazy river and the Wave pool.  We had a great day!









After the water park we went into Fresno for some shopping and to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner it was a great day.
Sunday 8/19 was church and then that afternoon Aubrey and dad made a huge shopikin puzzle.
They also started trumpet practice that day to get ready for band starting the following week.  Aubrey is so excited to follow in dads footsteps and play the trumpet.  Last year they played the recorders in band.  5th grade is the first year of real band.  She has practice on Wednesdays and Fridays at school.  Her and dad try to practice 4 evenings a week.  She is getting so good!  

Carter is taking piano lessons again this year with Walker and he is enjoying that.  We still have grandma and grandpas piano in our garage so that is where he is practicing.  One day we will have time to paint it and move it into the house!
Wednesday 8/22 was our dear friend Carrie's 9th birthday so we went to Chowchilla to celebrate with her at a fun pizza parlor.

Carter is ecstatic to start cub scouts!! 
I am so excited too! I had a great time ordering all his stuff and we have had fun already learning the cub scout pledge and law.  Our ward is kind of bad at organization! I feel like know one wants to do anything! It took me getting the bishop involved to get cub scouts up and running again! Finally we have a date he will start on 10/3!!!! It can't come soon enough.  At least we have already worked on somethings and he has earned his bobcat patch!
Fridays are always Peterson spirit days! They look so cute in their spirit wear!
I sure miss the kids at school but have enjoyed my morning walks with the dogs and working out on my own time.
Aubrey has discovered Amazon! She bought these two cute matching dresses for her dolls.
They also have taken a new love to making friendship bracelets.
Aubrey's teacher asked me to sub for her 3 days in a row!  Wednesday-Friday Aug 29-31st.  I was a little nervous since I have never done that many days in a row but excited to be back at the school with the kids again!
Wednesday 8/29 was super hero day...

I loved being able to see what Aubrey's day was like at school.  Now I have a better understanding what is going on all day.  I also like to know who she is hanging out with.  She has some very good friends.  New this year is a little girl named Kayla.  Aubrey and her have hit it off and became really good friends very fast.  Kayla is from a different town and had Leukemia for 3 years.  Poor little girl has been in and out of the hospital for treatment but has fought it and is so much better now.  She is true survivor.  I'm so proud that Aubrey has taken her in and been such a good friend to her.  I'm also so grateful for Kayla to be such a great friend to Aubrey!
Thursday we had a lunch date in the class room with all her friend.
At recess time I would sneak over and spy on my little guy playing soccer.

Friday 8/31 Aubrey and I went out to lunch at her favorite place Subway!
After school that day I was so excited for a weekend! Subbing 3 days in a row was a lot of work! It was Labor day weekend so that made it even more special and Titi was coming out so that was even better!!  We went to Sizzler for dinner that night and had a fun movie night!!

No comments: