Thursday, May 24, 2018

Uncle Steve

On Thursday April 26, 2018 my Uncle Steve passed away.  I still can't believe that he is not with us anymore.  My Uncle Steve was my moms brother.  He was 61 years old.  Aubrey and him actually share the same birthday.  My poor Uncle Steve was kind of a hard guy to figure out.  He never got married and didn't have any children.  He kept to himself a lot but did come to all the family gatherings.  I remember growing up and having him over all the time.  He was really good friends with my dad and they always did projects together.  We even took family vacations with Uncle Steve.  When my siblings and I were much younger he would hold us by our feet upside down and do tick tock.  I have lots of fun memories of him.  Once I got married and moved away I really only got to see him at the family parties.  Then when my parents moved to Sonora we even saw him less.  Uncle Steve was a very wealthy man but you sure wouldn't now by how he lived.  He was a true minimalist. He had a small house in San Mateo that was pretty much empty. He didn't own a car.  He would take his bike and public transportation every where.  He retired young from working for the city of San Fransisco.  He did love to travel and I am happy that he did go places and see things.  I loved to work out and run.  I loved talking to him about running.  He played football in high school and was really good at it.  Poor Uncle Steve dealt with lots of mental issues and spent some time in the hospital.  In January he was told he had cardiomyopathy.  He was told to go and get it checked and to get on medication which we are unsure if he did that and followed what the doctor recommended.  Two weeks before he passed away he suffered a heart attack and was in a coma fighting for his life.  On Thursday morning at 5am his struggle ended and he went to heaven.  This was very hard for all of us since he was so young.  I looked back in all my pictures and here are a few of my favorites.  
This is Aubrey (1 years old), Uncle Steve and his girl friend Diana 


Aubrey's first Easter and meeting Uncle Steve for the first time.
This is one of my favorite pictures.  We actually have this picture in our screen saver slide show.  Aubrey and her uncles!





Summer 2010 meeting Carter for the first time
We were all so happy that Uncle Steve could make it to last years Christmas at our house.  This was the last time we saw him. 



 Uncle Steve we will miss you! We love you a lot and we have faith that you are with grandma and grandpa in heaven.  We haven't had Uncle Steve's celebration of life yet.  We have it scheduled in San Fransisco in June. 

No comments: