Thursday, February 22, 2018

The start of February

February was off to an excellent start!  Thursday 2/1 Aubrey was awarded with Honor Roll for the second semester.  We missed last semesters ceremony since we were in Florida so that was fun being a part of it this time.

 Aubrey is an amazing student! She takes school very seriously and always strives to do her best! Her favorite subjects in school right now are reading and writing.  She is on the student council and loves going to meetings and helping to make her school a fun place.  She also is in the book club and loves sharing her passion of reading with all her friends.  Her homework load this year is nothing! This allows her lots of time at home to read, do science experiments, and art.  She is having a wonderful 4th grade experience.  Mrs. Taylor is a dream teacher! She is so much fun and truly cares for each of her students like her own kids! We are so proud of you Aubrey!
 Friday 2/2 Carter got Student of the Month!! This was a huge accomplishment for him.  Carter has lots of energy and has had to pull his name on the behavior chart a few times in 2nd grade. "It's so hard to stay still and not be funny" is what he tells me everyday!  But ever since we came back from Christmas break he has done amazingly well and has not had to move his name once.  He also has been more responsible and helping Mrs. Haar! She has been so impressed with his behavior and his helpfulness she awarded him with Student of the Month!! We are very proud of him!
 Carter is also a great student.  He LOVES art time! He also is a big reader and spends lots of free time in the library.  He just took his reading level test and he is reading at a 5th grade level! I still can't believe I have such great readers! I was never a reader so it surprises me that they love it so much but it also makes me so happy to see them enjoy it! Carter also loves math! Every week they do panther math and he has moved up to the 5 minute time limit for over 100 problems! So proud of our little guy!
 On Fridays since I volunteer in Carter's class in the afternoon I have been packing my lunch and staying at school after I teach. The kids come and hang out with me.  
I love seeing this cutie!!
 Aubrey invited her group of friends to come have lunch in my room that day.
 This particular Friday I actually got to help out in Aubrey's class.  They did a debate.  They didn't get to pick what they were debating about.  Aubrey had to argue that reading was bad! That is hard to do when you love to read! She did a good job. 
 My job that day was to have the kids do the Pepsi vs. Coke challenge.  It was a blind tasting and then they had to vote which one they liked more.  Pepsi won!
Saturday 2/3 Nana and Papa came out for the games! We love having them in town and showing off our super talented basketball players!



 After the games we went and had a nice brunch/lunch at Bob Cat Diner.
Monday 2/5 was Student of the Month lunch treat.  They get to eat their lunch in the middle of the cafeteria and then have ice cream! 
I went over and said a quick hi to Aubrey that day too.  She was a little embarrassed!
Can't believe this is my last picture I have of my 9 year old daughter!
She turns the big 10 tomorrow!!!

No comments: