Thursday, October 1, 2015

September 2015

Well I guess we are back to a monthly post.  I kind of like it this way because it's easier to go back see what we did the whole month.  It's just a lot of pictures for one post.
We had promised the kids if they had a good first few weeks of school with great reports from there teachers we would take them to Build A Bear Workshop to pick out a new stuffed friend.  Well of course they are doing great!! We are very lucky to have such good mannered, helpful, smart kids.  They make us proud everyday.  September 5th is my brothers birthday and he invited us to come to his birthday dinner in Modesto so we made a day of it and went to the mall first. 

 Aubrey is so in love with Sparkles and Carter loves his Hulk Bear.
 They had fun kissing their friends heart and then stuffing them.




 So excited!!!
 Then they gave their new friends a bath.
It was then time to meet up with the family at Outback for Scott's birthday.










 We had a perfect round table and could all talk and enjoy the party.  It was a very fun night.  We love you Scott Happy Birthday!!!

Sunday September 6th we got ready for church and later I found this cute picture on my phone.  Aubrey must have taken it.
After church we packed up the car and headed to Twain Heart to stay at the Callister's cabin for a night.  We first stopped at my parents to drop off Deuce and then got to the cabin and enjoyed pizza, lots of laughs, and games with our friends.
Four families went up, the Callister's, Hamilton's, Spain's and us.  The kids had a ball with all the other kids.
That night Aubrey wanted to sleep with Michelle and we thought it was so funny that Ethan jumped in with them and even slept with Aubrey's blanket.
Monday morning (Labor Day) Susan, Amy, Murun and  I went for a 3 mile jog around the lake.  We ran into these adorable baby and mommy deers.
 After our run we came home to the dads and kids playing on the zip line and tire swing.
 Our kids were so excited since we had told them all about our zip lining trip in Hawaii.
 Then all the moms made breakfast.


 Then it was off to lake for swimming.






After swimming we came back to the cabin and Spencer made sandwiches for every one.


 It was a very fun trip.  We really enjoyed hanging out with everyone!!
 Tuesday September 8th Aubrey got her braces off!! I was excited for her but she was sad she wanted to keep them on.  She is done with phase 1 and now just has to wait until more permanent teeth come in to start phase 2.  Daddy took her to the appointment because I had to work that day.
I thought it was very cute that the orthodontics gave her an after braces gift filled with all the food and candies you can't eat when you have braces.
 Wednesday 9/9 at Carter's school
 We went to Stan's pool that day after school.
 and made pizza's.
Thursday 9/10 was Carters first sick day.  Poor guy got sick at school and I had to go pick him up :( I think it was just to much breakfast to fast that morning and then playing to hard because after laying on the couch for 20 minutes he was ready to run around and eat chicken nuggets, lol.
 I love my Friday volunteer day at Aubrey's school.  9/11 was patriotic day so we wore red, white and blue.
 After volunteering we met up with daddy for lunch.
I was happy I had that time with my family because later that day I big group of us ladies headed up to Sacramento for Time Out For Women.  It was really awesome to have such a big group go.  We all carpooled in Bri and Amy's cars and then checked into the Hyatt we then walked to a local crape place for dinner and then back to the convention hall for the Friday night session.
Left to right:
Amy, Bri, Hilary, Heather, Brooke, Me, Lori, Susan and Murun

 It was such a fun group! My favorite quote from that night was
" Live the Gospel always use words sometime."
After the conference we walked to the best diner ever!! It was only desserts!

 After our yummy dessert we walked back to our hotel and talked until around 2am. 
The next morning came quick and we all had to get ready and pack and then be at the conference by 9am.
It was another great day of talks and music. 
 We got to meet the guys of Gentry which was pretty cool.
 TOFW ended around 4pm, my butt was killing me and I was freezing.  Next time I will pack a sweater and maybe a cushion to sit on, lol.  We were all so excited to do some shopping after it ended so we ventured over to Ikea which is always fun and then to Roseville to check out Down East Basics.  We finished with dinner at Cheesecake Factory.
It was a great trip and so fun to bond with so many great ladies.  I feel so blessed to have such a great group of friends.  I was very exited to get home to my family that night.  They left me this super cute welcome home treats and cards.
We got home after midnight so the kids and daddy were all crashed in my bed it was fun to hold them all tight and snuggle until the morning.
Play date with Alex 9/15


 I tried and tried to get Aubrey back into dance.  She said no to Mrs. Denisa's dance class (that is where she had gone 3-6 years old).  We tried out the Dance Academy.  She did great and looked so good dancing I was so excited! When it was done she seemed so happy but when we got to the car she told me that dance just wasn't her thing and that she didn't want to do it right now.  I was pretty devastated since I had always had the dream of having a ballerina daughter.  She does so well too!! But I just have to lay back and let her decided right now I don't want to force her to do it so no dance this year lets keep our fingers crossed for maybe next year.
 Aubrey has been busy in an art class after school 2 days a week and with girl scouts so maybe it's a blessing to take a break from dance and sports right now.
9/17 we had Carer's new friend from school, Anderson over to play.
 Friday 9/18 was Peterson's back to school celebration.  It's always a lot of fun. I helped out with face painting and hockey rally races.
 9/18 was beach day at Carter's school.
 9/19 we had our SMP practice at church.  Carter was very excited for the donut part at the end.

 Isn't Spencer just too cute! He made me a heart breakfast Sunday morning.
 9/20 was the SMP the kids did great.  Aubrey sang her little heart out and memorized her part.  She was a doll up on stage.  Carter also was so cute and smiled the whole time. 
 Karessa and I were in charge of the after party.  We watched a movie and had a popcorn/candy bar.  The kids loved it!

 That night Aubrey made dessert for the family.  She made a fruit pizza that was so yummy.

 9/21 we had a Kendall play date.

 9/22 was picture day at school.  Aubrey looks so grown up.
 It was fun seeing all the kids dressed up that day.  One little girl came over to me and asked me if Aubrey was my daughter I said yes and she said "Aubrey is always wearing the cutest clothes I love her style."  It made me feel good.  She is a cutie!
 Carer helping with dinner.
 We are excited Carrie and Michelle are doing girl scouts this year with us.

 We ran into Kendall the other day at Target and her mom and I ended up buying the same outfit for the girls so they wore them together 9/23

 Our last weekend in September is always so much fun because we get to celebrate both Nana and Papa's birthdays.  This year they turned the big 60!! Papa really wanted us all to hike Half Dome for his birthday so since we had that planned we wanted to camp the night before the big hike.  Since the kids were not hiking with us we had a meeting place for lunch and gifts and then Nana and the kids went back to Sonora and us towards Yosemite.  It was a really nice lunch with an amazing view.  The kids worked very hard on there gifts to Nana and Papa. 







 It was a very nice lunch.  It was then off to set up camp.  After we had camp set up we decided it would be fun to go check out Hetch Hetchy Dam.  Spencer loved it being a civil engineer.















After that hike we headed over to a really nice resort for a very yummy dinner.  It was then time to get back to camp to get some sleep for for the next day.  The kids had fun in Sonora they got to go to a carnival at great grandpa's house that day and then on Sunday went to the movies with Nana.

Next day Half Dome! It really deserves a post all to itself so Half Dome coming up next!

No comments: