Thursday, August 13, 2015

Hawaii Day 2

Day 2 July 30th was our official 10 Year wedding anniversary! I had such a hard time staying a sleep that morning! I woke up at 3am and was to excited to sleep but knew I would be exhausted if I didn't try so I tried and was off and on until I could finally wake Spencer up at 5am (I thought 5am was enough sleeping in lol) I remember waking up and running to the sliding glass door and checking outside to make sure it was still real that we were actually in Hawaii!  Once we got up and got ready we headed over to the gym for a work out and some swimming after.  This pretty much began our morning routine for the week.  The pools got pretty crowded at the Hilton in the afternoon so it was a treat to have the pool to ourselves every morning at 7am.

The grounds of the resort were beautiful! There are all kinds of animals through out.
After our swim we got ready for the day and ventured out of the Hilton complex to find a restaurant we had heard about on Pinterest, Eggs n' Things for breakfast.
It was a pretty walk through a really nice park.

OMG this breakfast was awesome! I love eating really sweet things for breakfast so the macadamia nut strawberry waffles with a mile high of whipped cream was just perfect!  Spencer had eggs Benedict with a side of macadamia pancakes with coconut syrup, oh so so so good!!!
We sure enjoyed ourselves!
Our snorkel cruise on Spirit of Aloha was at 1pm that day.  We were very excited for our first adventure.  I had read good reviews about this snorkel trip in my tour book and the fact that it left from the Hilton pier was a plus.  We loaded the boat with about 40 others and set sail.  It was fun to see our hotel from the ocean.
We jumped in and went straight to snorkeling.  There claim to fame was that it was a turtle snorkel trip and there where turtles they were just so low on the bottom of the ocean it made it really hard to see them.  I was also disappointed that we really only saw 2 different fish species.  I remember going snorkeling in Hawaii with my family and all the tropical fish so that was what I was hoping for and was sad to just see black fish and then some white and black striped fish.
We took lots of videos.  
This was our tour guide with a cool sea urchin that we all got to hold.
After snorkeling we climbed back on the boat and poor Spencer felt very sea sick.  So it was kind of hard to enjoy the boat trip back to the resort.  When we got back we took a nap and then got ready for our Luau Anniversary dinner on the roof top of the Hilton. 
We had such a great time! The food was so good!! We both had 2 plates full and loved every bite.  We also loved that we got to sit across from 2 other fun couples.  1 couple was from Australia.  This was there first visit to the United States to it was a lot of fun learning about their country and teaching them about ours.  They were on their honeymoon and were shocked that we were celebrating 10 years! Actually we got that a lot this trip.  Everyone thought we were on our honeymoon and when we said no 10 years and we got lots of "wows" I guess we look young in love!! (not a bad thing).  The other couple was from the LA area but the women grew up in Fresno so that was also fun since we had somethings in common.  After our yummy dinner and visiting we then got to enjoy an amazing show.

I was so into watching the show I didn't get many pictures.  The fire part at the end was amazing.
I love this man with all my heart!!
He melts my heart every time I think about him.  We have had such an amazing 10 years of marriage and 17 years of being together.  I'm so happy we got to have this trip to be together just the 2 of us. 
It was an amazing anniversary night!


No comments: