Monday, May 12, 2014

Carter's Party

Carter's party was awesome! It was an absolute joy to plan.  I was so excited when he chose a Dusty the Crop hopper (Disney Airplanes) party.  For those of you that don't know I'm an aviation junky! I just love airplanes and airports.  I graduated with a B.S. in Aviation from SJSU in 2003.  I was a flight attendant for a couple years after college and even living in the small town of Merced I was able to find an aviation job at Gemini Flight Support at Castle airport.  I have worked there for 6 years and let me tell you having friends at the airport pays off when your kid wants an airplane birthday party! 
I made these boarding passes for his invitations:  
It was definitely different planning a party that was not at my home.  I was nervous that things would not all come together but it did and it was amazing! We had his party at the new terminal.  It was a perfect location! My friend Sam rents the building and he was a big help getting it all ready and bringing his DC-4 over so the kids could climb in and take a tour.  He also arranged for a B-25 to be parked in the background and it made for a beautiful backdrop in all the pictures.  Carter picked 16 friends to come.  We also had our family and family friends there.  Since Dusty is orange and turquoise that was the color scheme I went with.  My wonderful sister made the very adorable cake.
Don't you just love his Aviator shirt!!!  He is one handsome pilot!
 Thanks to all my helpers we got everything done before all the guest arrived.
 I made personalized pilot wings for each of the kids to wear and they were on the this table.  The wind was pretty crazy on this side of the building so it was hard to display it the way I had envisioned it in my mind.


 I love how Carter is marshaling in the B-25.
 Let the fun begin!!
 Sam had a BBQ for us to use.  Spencer made the hot dogs and my mom made her famous potato salad.  We also had chips, fruit salad and clouds in the sky (blue jello and cool whip).
 After lunch we toured the DC-4.




We had our jump house there too.
 Craft time! We made Dusty planes.
 Pin the propeller on Dusty was our game.

 Time for gifts.  Carter's friends and family were so generous.  He loved everything!!! 
Thank you, Thank you!!




 Nana and Papa surprised him with his first big boy bike!! Look at the face!
 He was very excited!!! He loves it and I love it too he goes on at least a 1 mile bike ride everyday which allows me to do my jog a long side.
 My sister really amazes me with her talent for baking and decorating.  This cake was adorable and delish!! We ate it all that day.
 Gaga teaching Carter how to ride his bike.
 After cake my boss Jim came down with the fuel truck.  The kids where very excited.
 I was surprised when he pulled Carter in to the truck and let him honk the horn and than drive the truck on the ramp! 
Jim then took 2 more trips with the kids that wanted to go for a ride.  I was a little nervous with them driving on the ramp.  I actually had another friend that offered to come by in his plane and take the kids up for a flight but I said no to that.  That would be way to scary for the parents me included!

Time for the Pinata.
 I made chocolate planes for the party favor and they came out really cute.

 After everyone left and we cleaned up we took some family pictures by the plane.

This is what happens after a day like that:
It was a great day!!!! Really fun and a memory I never want to forget.  I'm sad that it's over I had so much fun planning it.  I think Carter really had the time of his life.  Thank you for all that came and helped.  We got to have Titi over that night and it was fun continuing the party after hours.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Happy Birthday Carter!
That cake is amazing!
Sad I won't get to see you this Thursday Kate. We need to get together soon.
Nice work on all the details of the party!