Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Our weekend in San Fransisco and the kids in the mountains

 My parents offered to watch the kids for us a weekend in December so that we could get away.  We decided on the weekend before Christmas and to go to San Fransisco.  Nothing better than Christmas in the city!! It was a very nice relaxing break.  The only bad part was that Friday evening my mom called because Aubrey had a swollen lip and was running a temperature.  It's so strange that she has been getting these swollen lips and eyes.  I'm pretty sure she is allergic to something I just can't put my finger on it.  We are thinking it has to do with red dye in medicines, foods, candy and drinks so I have been trying to stay away from that stuff.  This made for me worrying a lot even though I knew she was in good hands it was just hard not being with my baby.  The swollen lip and temperature didn't stop her as you will see in the pictures below they had a fun filled packed Christmas weekend up in the mountains.  

Before we headed to the bay area we stopped and bought a car lol! In all actuality we had been talking about trading in our accent for some time now and it just worked to do that evening with out the kids.  I was sad to see my 2002 Hyundai Accent (the first brand new car I've ever bought) go.  Spencer wasn't sad one bit he has been stuck driving that the last 8 years.  We traded it in for a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited.  It's beautiful and loads of fun to drive.  I'm happy we were able to get that for Spencer (and the family).
Friday night we stayed at mom and dad Supinger's and ate pizza and played games.  Saturday morning we got up early and headed to BART and into the city.  We decided not to bring the camera so all the pictures are from our phones (not the best quality).  Also not having kids with you we kind of forgot to take pictures.  Saturday we spend the day shopping, eating and people watching in Union Square.  It was very crowded but fun. 

 Sunday morning we walked over to Brenda's for brunch.  It was a restaurant we found on yelp and it was to die for good.  It was a really cool place that served New Orleans cuisine.
After brunch we did some more sight seeing and then headed home to see our babies. 

Here are the pictures that my family sent me of the kids.  
The first night they made gingerbread men.
 Saturday they went ice skating and played in the little bit of snow that was left from the big snow storm.
Sunday they had breakfast with Santa at the Vista here in Merced.
As you can see Aubrey was much better and having a lot of fun.   







This looked like a really cool activity they got to see and do so much.  They had a great time and us too!

1 comment:

haley said...

Oh my goodness! I've been so busy catching up on my blog that I've missed all your new posts since Thanksgiving! Love it all! New car! Exciting!! Weekend away? So fun!! You as Santa's helper? Love it! Love the pink dress too. So sad to miss the ornament exchange. :( :(
Interesting that the Ward did a kid Christmas and an adult Christmas party. Sounds like a pretty good idea.
You've been busy busy busy! Wish I were there.