Monday, September 30, 2013

September

September was a busy month of settling into our new routine.  August was a very scary month for my family up in Sonora.  A huge forest fire known as the RIM fire was out of control and homes as close as 8 miles from my parents were being evacuated.  We didn't make it up there when the fire was going on but when my parents would come down to Merced you could smell the fire on them.  It was crazy! Thank goodness the fire was contained by the help of 2 DC-10's that actually were stationed out of Castle (my work).  One afternoon my friend Sarah and I took our kids over to see the planes.  Her parents live up in Sonora too.
 Friday night September 6 was a children's concert in the park that Aubrey's teacher told us about.  We packed our dinner and had a picnic while lessening to kid music and watching our little munchkins dance.  It was fun! It was cool to see school friends and Aubrey's teacher outside of the school scene.

 Scott (Gaga) had his birthday on September 5th.  We are able to meet up with him on his birthday weekend to celebrate at Texas Roadhouse in Modesto.


This picture was taken at one of lunches with Aubrey.  We took her McDonald's and enjoyed lunch and then played outside with all her friends.  The kids just loved her daddy.  Kids are still telling her how cool her daddy is!
 Preschool work day!
 Super kid! This was on September 9 I think.
 Yay Titi came to visit and she made cookies!!
 September 13th was Aubrey's first ever sick day from school.  She got the nasty cold that I had a week before and I did not want anyone else to get it! When I had the cold it lasted for 1 week lucky for her she was better by about 2 that day so maybe it wasn't what I had but I had to careful and believe me I was just happy to have my little friend home.  We made GAK, colored a lot and worked on writing and reading.  She was sad to miss the letter T that day at school but the teacher was nice enough to send her home one to cut out.  The whole day she was saying how much fun it was to be with me it made me feel good.  

The weekend of the 20th we went away to the bay area.  Friday night we stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's and eat lots of pizza and played games.  On Saturday we went out to a nice breakfast and then they offered to take care of the kids all day so Spencer and I could go on a date.  It was wonderful spending alone time with my hubby.  It was also very cool for Aubrey and Carter when we found out that 4 of their cousins were coming over to play too.  We all had a blast.  We picked up the kids and said our good byes and then headed to Val's our favorite burger joint that I grew up on.  
 After dinner we headed up to Stockton to meet our newest niece and visit with that family.  It was so fun to hold a brand new one week old again.  She was adorable and a true blessing.  I'm really kicking myself that we did not take pictures of this weekend.  It was lots of fun and we are so grateful to belong to such a wonderful family.
Friday September 27th was my first time volunteering at Aubrey's school.  Peterson got over 850 API score which is really good we are the highest in all of Merced County this was from testing last year but in honor of getting such a high score the PTC club put on a carnival for the kids.  I was in charge of the sac races it was crazy how many kids but it was so much fun.  I loved when Aubrey's class came over and though it was so cool that her mom was in charge.  After the carnival we headed down to Main street for the Golden Valley high school homecoming parade.  The floats were all based off of Pixar films it was fun and kids loved it.  Again kicking myself for not having the camera!     
We ended September going up to Sonora to celebrate both my parents birthdays yesterday. 





 Such an adorable couple!! I love my mom and dad so much they are such a great team and wonderful role models.  I hope they had fun celebrating with us because we sure enjoyed being with them.

No comments: