Monday, September 30, 2013

First Day of Preschool

Carter officially started parent preschool August 28th.  My work day at school is Monday this year and I find that Carter goes really only that day and possibly my work day at the airport and that is it.  Now that Aubrey is in full time school I really want to treasure the next two years of Carter at home.  I really contemplated even doing preschool this year for that reason and because he is still so young but that is the good thing about parent preschool you can go 1 or 5 days and every week could be different.  I find that even though he is too young it is still nice for him to have something to talk about and look foreword too.  I can only imagine with the holidays getting closer all the things Aubrey will have going on it will be nice that he has parties too.  I find that this year is a lot different than last year number 1 it's great not having to find a baby sitter and 2 last year I was really wanting Aubrey to prepare for kindergarten while this year I just want Carter to have fun.  There are 26 kids in his class and surprisingly most are 3 so we are having fun meeting new friends. 

 I've already had my first planning day it was September 9th Nursery Rhymes week I did humpty dumpty.  We read Humpty Dumpthy and another book titled Eggs.  We had hard boiled eggs for snack and made Humpty Dumpthy's for art.  The discovery was very fun.  I had the kids predict if the egg would break being dropped from a wall in a baggie with different materials such as marbles, feathers, bubble wrap, paper, and beans.  The song I found on YouTube and it was a lot of fun.  Carter loved the day and I was happy it came out so cute.  My next planning day is Halloween week and my special project is the Halloween party so I'm having fun looking on pintrest and planning.

No comments: