Sunday, April 21, 2013

March 2013

March was another busy fun month for us.  March 3rd was Spencer's 33rd birthday.  The kids were very excited this year.  They loved shopping for dad and decorating the house while he was at work.  Spencer's birthday this year was on a Sunday but we celebrated at home on Friday because we went to the bay area for the weekend for Spencer's nephews baby blessing.


 Spencer is very good at guessing the gifts that I get him.  This year I was determined to surprise him! He has been saying for a long time that he wanted a punching bag for the garage gym.  It was out of our "birthday budget" but I had a little saved up and really wanted to get it for him.  The box was huge so after we bought it our neighbors let us hide it in their garage and the on Friday brought it over for us.  I thought it would be fun to do a scavenger hunt to lead him to the garage.  It was lots of fun and the kids were so excited!
 I officially did it! I surprised him and it felt so good!
 Happy Birthday Handsome!
 I guess we were having to much fun to take pictures because I didn't get any pictures of the baby blessing and celebrating with Spencer's parents :( I did get this one of him with his favorite, pumpkin pie. 
 While in the bay area we were able to go to a very cool train expo.  Carter loves "cho chos" and Spencer loves collecting cars and train stuff so it was a perfect outing for his birthday.  We were lucky to get to meet up with Titi for the day.
 How cool to get to ride on the real Thomas!


 Yay, Cheese Cake Factory for dinner!
More Birthday celebrations.
 On March 9th we had a garage sale with our neighbors.  Aubrey had a hot chocolate and donut stand.  She made $19 pretty good!
 So I loved how the Valentine's day pictures of the kids came out so I wanted to do St. Patrick's day pictures.  Well it was a little difficult I had so many great ideas about having the country background.  We tried but it seemed like every place we went either had a strange animal making scary sounds or the sun was in their eyes.  Here are a few that came out okay...


 We had our annual St. Patrick's day family dinner party before heading up to Sonora for annual March Madness/St. Patrick's day weekend. 
 Made it up to Sonora and it was super special this year because Spencer got to come up with us the whole weekend.  His guy trip was cancelled this year which was sad but happy for us!
 The birthday boy got very lucky this year with the amount of celebrating!

 On Saturday we went up to Murphys for the annual St. Patrick's day parade.  This was our 3rd year going. The first year we went was rainy and cold.  The second year was snowing and very cold.  This year was amazing it was sunny and 70 degrees.  It was so nice and enjoyable.  We loved every minute.








 After the parade we headed over to Columbia for a picnic in the park and some yummy ice cream.
 That night mom made a wonderful St. Patrick's day dinner for us.  I absolutely love this holiday! I love the food, the color green and most of all that I'm Irish!
 It was a fun filled packed weekend.  Nana and Papa took us up to a new jump house place too.  It was awesome and the kids had so much fun.  It was hard to take pictures since they were always on the move. 
It was a wonderful weekend with family filled with lots of fun memories.  The end of March was bitter sweet I loved Easter which I will post about in my next entry.  The bitter part about the end of March was one of my best friends here in Merced leaving me! Haley and I have been friends for the last 2 years.  She is such a great friend.  She has been a wonderful person to share the crazy life of motherhood with.  Haley has wanted to move back to Utah for a long time and for that reason I'm excited for her new adventure but the jealous side of me is so sad that she moved away.  It was nice to have them over for one last dinner.  I really hope that we plan that trip to Utah we have talked about for the past 6 years really soon. 
I love you Haley!!

1 comment:

haley said...

I love your determination to make lots of fun memories with your family! Thanks for the shout out. We miss you all a lot! I'm glad to be in Utah, but so sad that it means leaving you behind!