Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Kitchen

We did it! We finally painted our kitchen cabinets. I have been wanting to do this for oh about 6 years, since we moved in! Well a couple of Wednesdays ago I decided we had waited long enough and started calling around for prices and after talking to Kelly Moore paints and finding out that if we use an oil based primer we didn't need to sand I was all about getting this done asap. So Thursday we bought the supplies and Friday we pulled all the cabinets off, cleaned with tsp and painted the first coat of primer. It was a very stinky primer so we had to keep all the windows and doors open and it was rainy that weekend so it made for a very cold house. I was proud with how we used our time Saturday to get most of the project done. Spencer worked in the morning while I took the kids out for errands then he took them out for errands around lunch time so I could work and then we both worked through nap time. We took a break in the evening and then once we got the kids a sleep that night we worked into the late hours together. The next few days we worked off and on when we could and before we knew it we were all done and enjoying our fruits of our labor the following Wednesday. It took us less than a week! I'm so proud of us! I'm also so proud of my husband and his amazing workmanship and the detection that he puts into all his projects. I was very thankful to my kids for being good sports while we worked and I'm proud of me for not giving up and just letting Spencer do all the work this is one project that I did really help from beginning to end.
Here are the pictures:
The kids all bundled up in our cold house.
Sunday night we were able to cook like normal and even made some rice krispie treats.
27 cabinet doors and 11 drawer fronts. It felt like it was never going to end.
Before After
Some more after pictures in the day time and night:
We are enjoying our new kitchen very much. I find myself getting excited when I drive into the garage knowing I will walk into my "new" kitchen. This was a huge transformation and very affordable we did the whole project for $120.00!!!!

1 comment:

J Cromar said...

I LOOOOOOOVVE IT! Glad you trusted your. style intuition