Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Carter

Our little man is 1 today!!!!!

Happy Birthday Carter we love so so so so so much!!!!

It's hard to believe that just a year ago Carter was in the NICU and I was in the ICU. It's amazing that this little 5lb. 4oz. baby is now a huge 1 year old. We have people in the stores tell us that he looks like he is going to be a line backer. He is a strong little boy.


It is so fun to celebrate Carter's 1st birthday but I must admit it is a bitter sweet feeling knowing that my little baby is growing up. Now that he is standing up with no help and taking a couple steps here in there he is starting to be more and more like a toddler. We had a great day today. The whole family came into Carter's room singing this morning.


He then saw his door that Aubrey and I did for him the night before. Aubrey thought the whole birthday planning was so much fun. She loved that it was a surprise for him.

We meet up with Daddy for a picnic lunch.

We then did a couple errands. Carter loved watching the car get washed. On our way home I thought it would be fun to stop by the hospital and say hi to all the wonderful nurses that took such good care of both Carter and I. I was a little worried that it would be weird or that they might not remember us, oh how I was wrong. The NICU nurses were over joyed to see Carter and how much he had grown.

We also saw some of my wonderful nurses. They all said how they had been talking this morning all about what happened a year ago to us.

After a fun visit we were off to home for some more celebrating. On the way home Aubrey said to me, "thank you mommy for fun Carter birthday day" too cute! Aubrey picked out her own gift to give to her brother and wrapped it too. He loved it!

We had Carter's favorite dinner, hot dogs (he had two!). After dinner we sang and had chocolate cupcakes.



Oh what a day!
Happy Birthday Carter!

No comments: