Tuesday, March 8, 2022

October 2021

Yay for October! Finally fall. Friday, October 1 I got to Sub in Carter’s class. I went and saw him during his band class…
At recess his friends like to come in and hang out.
Mrs. Klick gave me the OK to do an art project with the students that afternoon. I found this fun drawing/painting art project that the kids all enjoy doing.


After school that day we threw a caramel apple dipping party at our house. I love any excuse to have a party so being that it was the first day of October we thought this would be fun. Aubrey had three friends Niah, kaylin and Gigi. 
Carter also had three friends but Wen had to leave because he was playing too rough with all the other kids. So Wesley and Noah got to dip apples with carter..
It was a houseful we had so much fun!!


We were all having so much fun we let Aubrey keep her friends overnight. We would’ve let Carter have a sleepover too but he had an early Boy Scout obligation the next day.
5AM came very early Saturday, October 2nd!! It was the annual Boy Scout rummage sale. Carter and I woke up before the sun and come up and headed over to the sale.
While the girls stayed home in their jammies all day. They all ended up staying at our house until 6 PM on Saturday! It was a party!!!
That night we took Aubrey and Carter to the movies.
I’m sure busy with the PTC still! I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it yet but I am the president. We are still holding our meetings virtual so to get people excited to come I came up with an idea of doing a raffle so each month a parent can win a prize if they attend the meeting. This was October gift….
The kids had so much fun decorating our house for Halloween this year with all our new skeletons that we bought.
Carters on the safety patrol at school.
Aubrey is enjoying the young women’s program in our new ward. They have so many fun activities weekly. The first week in October they did this beautiful painting.
Getting our costumes ready for Halloween!
Aubrey has a boyfriend. His name is Malachi and I haven’t met him but her friends take these fun stocker pictures for me so I can see what he looks like.
Snuggles with Macy.
Our first rainy day…
Titi came down to visit Friday October 8th. It was so fun to have her in town!! Saturday we went and a blast looking at all the Halloween stuff at target. 
We got all the doggies all ready! 
Saturday October 9th we had family picture day!! I have waited to do family pictures for a long time! I have had a vision of doing family pictures by a white barn with a turquoise truck for many years! I would ask photographers if they had something like that and I always got the same response, no. When we moved to our new house I noticed that our new neighbor had a retro turquoise truck that would be just perfect. I asked him if we could use it in our pictures and he said sure. Then I found a photographer that had a friend that had a white barn and we set it up. I was ecstatic to finally see my vision come to life. The photographer was doing pictures throughout the day of all different families. When we came with our turquoise truck other families tried to steal our idea but think goodness Greg the owner of the truck was on our side and only let our family take pictures with it. One family did sneak in and pay extra to have the truck which made me upset but it just goes to show that this was an awesome idea I should be a photographer! These are just a couple that we took that day the professional ones will come later on this post.

That weekend Titi and I also made matching Halloween shirts.
Sunday, October 10th we had our annual family pumpkin patch trip planned. Poor Spencer hurt his back so bad that he couldn’t make it to the pumpkin patch but the rest of us got together and got to celebrate fall.















After a fun day at the patch we have over for dinner at a really nice Brewery place in Turlock. 
Halloween crafts with the kids…

I helped the relief society Activity Leader with the October activity. We made cute tea towels and I helped cut out all the vinyl.
Lunch date with my guy Friday October 15th! It was also tie-dye day at school that day.
I came up with this fan art project for the class that day


The evening Carter had a little get together with his friends. Wesley and Noah both came over and we walk to the pizza parlor for dinner and then watched Halloween movies that night.



We also did a Halloween craft!

They had a sleep over and a hot tub in the morning.
Here are our professional pictures we are in love!








Saturday October 16th Aubrey had a witch dinner party! This has been my dream to host a Which dinner with Aubrey and her friends in our dining room. When I was in the seventh grade I went to a Which dinner party at a friends house and I always thought it was so cool. It was a mysterious which dinner. We each had a menu and we didn’t know what we are ordering and it was in a fancy dining room. When we bought this house and it had a special dining room the first thing I thought of was that we could host an event like that at our house. I had the best time making the invitation, getting the decorations, and putting together a mysterious which menu for the girls.



The boys helped with the preparing the meal and all the decorations it came out so awesome!








While we waited for everyone to arrive the girls made little jewelry boxes to put their necklaces that they were going to make later that evening in.












They each made a necklace and also a fortuneteller.


It was such a fun evening! I loved every minute of it. I think the girls also had a fabulous time. After we cleaned up all the witch stuff the girls got in their pajamas play games and had a slumber party.

We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast before church. This is the necklaces that they each got to make…

Sunday afternoon park days are always so much fun!
I’m not sure if I’ve posted about this before but I have declared Monday, Monday muffin day!
Every Wednesday as university day at Carter school. It was fun seeing him where Papa’s old sweatshirt.
After school one day we made Halloween cookies



Saturday, October 23rd Aubrey and I had the opportunity to go to David Archuleta in Oakland with grandma, Aunt Shellece (& kids) and Aunt Susan. We decided to make a weekend of it so Aubrey and I stayed in Pleasanton Saturday night. We had fun getting to the Hotel early to get ready for the concert.
Before the concert we met up for dinner in Castor Valley. It was fun going to Spencer and I’s old stomping grounds. One of our first dates with at this ice cream shop.
The concert was on Temple Square in Oakland.





We absolutely loved the concert the music was amazing and David Archuleta was an awesome performer

On our way back to the hotel we stopped to try this new kind of rolled ice cream which was pretty good.
Then we had a fun slumber party together just the two of us.
Sunday morning I took Aubrey to Noah’s bagels. This was my first job when I was 15.


Then we did a little shopping at the outlets.
It was a fun mini trip just her and I.
I helped out with red ribbon week by making these photo props for Mrs Stapp…

We also finish the dogs costumes for a family costume this year.

The last week in April was spirit week at both of the kids schools. 
Monday, October 25th was pajama day at Aubrey school…
And red day at Carter school…

That afternoon Aubrey and I went to go get our nails done.
Tuesday, October 26th Was hat day at Carter school…
And hip-hop day at Aubrey school…
We got their school pictures that day they both came out so good…

And I got to go to Aubrey school that afternoon for teacher conferences. Of course Aubrey is doing a new thing and all her teachers love her!
With a report like that a smoothie is needed for sure!
Wednesday, October 27th What is hippie day at Aubrey school…
And wear your Peterson shirt at Carter school. Also at Carter school that day they had us an assembly. And it was picture day so I was there taking pictures of the whole school for the yearbook!





These girls are so dang cute!

Well I here you have it our family costumes for 2021. Spencer’s company was having a contest and we needed to submit our picture so we did it dress rehearsal Wednesday night.

We bought two of Wendy’s dresses to make sure we got the right size for Aubrey and since we had to Aubrey and I dressed as a scary twins down the hallway just for fun.
Thursday, October 28th What sports day at Carter school.
And Disney day at Aubrey school…,
The principle and I had the idea to do a door Decorating contest for Halloween. Each of the classes decorated their door either silly scary or most creative. Then on the last day of school before Halloween we had the janitors vote on which door would win which category. Carter’s class went all out on the scary door!
Carter’s part was he helped draw Pennywise in the sewer. 
Friday, October 29th They allowed costumes at Carter’s school! The first time ever since we’ve been there. Since I am on the yearbook committee and the PTC President I got to go to school that day and help with the Halloween parade. I wanted to also dress up so Aubrey was so nice to let me borrow her Wendy’s outfit so I didn’t have to dress like a man all weekend long.
Carter was the hit of the school everyone loved his costume and thought he looked super awesome! The Halloween parade was so much fun seeing all the kids dressed up.


Carter’s class one for the scariest door!
For lunch Ronald McDonald had to have McDonald’s for lunch!
We even made a mask to go with his costume haha
That night at Aubrey school it was the harvest festival.
Unfortunately it wasn’t as fun as they had hoped. So we came and picked them up early and took them to the haunted house in Atwater.



Our house looks so awesome this year so proud of the kids for setting it all up!

I finally got some of our photos printed and got to update my family wall. I’m so happy with how it turned out.
Saturday, October 30th We carved are pumpkins.






And then put our costumes on and headed down to the church for trunk or treat. We decorated our trunk like a food court.






It was a fun night!!
Finally the big day was here Sunday, October 31st Halloween!!! 
Breakfast..

Then church..
Then a Halloween movie..
Then a nacho bar dinner with some friends..




Then it was finally time to trick or treat! 








And there it all is what a busy month October is!!!!
We had a blast! 

No comments: