Wednesday, March 10, 2021

November 2020

November started of fantastic! Sunday November 1st we woke up and then all the kids friends got picked up from the slumber party the night before.  I thought it was so sweet that Spencer was cleaning up the house after our crazy Halloween night.  We had been really wanting to go to the local nursery to look at trees so he asked me if we could go on a day time date to go look.  So of course I loved that idea so we headed out.  I had no idea that my family had planned a 40th surprise party for me!!!! When we walked in from our date I heard a mans voice yell "Surprise" I screamed because the first thing I thought was what man is in our house with the kids!! Well it was my dad.  I was so surprised!!!! I thought we were going to celebrate my birthday with the family the week after my birthday so this was so fun!! They had decorations and had all the food ready for a party.  It was a huge treat and I had a wonderful time being with my family.  Now I realized why Spencer was cleaning and why he was trying to get me out of the house.  It all makes since now haha!









I felt like one lucky girl!!! My family is so wonderful and they always make me feel special.  This was a very fun way to start off my birthday month!!
I also got to enjoy my favorite birthday cake all week long!
My real birthday was on a Tuesday this year.  Having a weekday birthday is always a little hard with schedules.  But because of homeschool this year my kids were home which was awesome!! Spencer had a bunch of meetings but he was able to move some stuff around so we could celebrate through out the day.  We had a yummy lunch from my favorite, Panera and then I got to open gifts.
I love homemade cards!
My favorite game is Ticket to Ride so I was very excited to get the European version. 



The family surprised me with a new iPhone 12!! I was very excited and I hate my face in this picture but I guess it shows my excitement.  I was so excited to have a better phone camera!


After opening gifts we all got ready to go up to Turlock.  Spencer had a meeting up there so the kids and I tagged along.  He dropped us off to shop while he had his meeting.
Then we met up for my birthday dinner at Chili's.


Then we came home for my birthday pie!
What a great day!!!!
Thursday November 5th I got to meet up with my mom and sister for a fun girls day out.  We went shopping and to lunch it was so much fun!

Friday November 6th I got to sub for Carter's class. We had fun playing with Fred.


Saturday November 7th we headed out for my birthday weekend to Sacramento.  I really wanted to go to Ikea and to Apple Hill.  The puppies came too! 


It was fun to get away for a night and stay in a hotel.
Sunday November 8th we went to Apple Hill.  It was so cold!! But beautiful!
Enjoying some warm apple donuts.  

I had fun taking pictures with my new camera.




We had a great time checking out a bunch of farms and seeing all the beautiful fall trees.  I really really wanted to get a family picture for our Christmas card so we pulled over and found some Christmas trees.  Right when we pulled over it started to snow which was so cool!!
It was hard because we didn't have a tripod so we had to balance my phone on tree limbs but we got a few good ones.  The snow flurries where so beautiful. 



Driving home it really started to come down.  It was so fun to see sunny, rainy and snowy weather that weekend! It felt so nice to have a little get away.
Monday November 9th Kindergarden-2nd grade could come back to school for 2 hours a day.  Some of the teachers are not coming back on campus so they are offering subs the job to basically come and babysit the students that are in person while the teacher still teaches virtually.  I accepted the job for a couple days to see how it was.  It was so boring and so weird sitting behind plexiglass.  But it was good money and it was a fun experience.  I decided to only do it for two days because I wanted to be home with my kids and the numbers were starting to go up again and Thanksgiving was right around the corner.
Since we had one of our trees out from Halloween we decorated it for our living room.  I'm so excited to get to have a tree in a front window.  I'm going to have a blast decorating our new house this year!!!
Saturday November 14th we took the kids to the Veterans memorial at the college.


and then out to lunch...
Doggie workouts....
Aubrey got higher than a 4.0 for her first quarter!! She is so smart!! We went and did the drive thru award ceremony at her school.
Spencer has been so busy working on the wall in our living room/office.
Outside play time.


Carter had a food drive for boy scouts.  We left fliers on our neighbors porches and to our surprise our neighborhood went above and beyond donating.  It feels so wonderful to live in a neighborhood that truly gives to others!

I love our fall walks...
Aubrey and Sophie doing school together...
The week of November 16-20 we had tile people here putting in our new backsplash.  We were so excited to start seeing our vision coming to life...


It's been fun seeing what our trees look like in all the seasons.  Our front tree is beautiful.
Friday November 20th the tile was complete, we are so in love!!!!!!  
That weekend Spencer worked on the rest of our appliance. He put our hood in and moved the microwave to above the oven.  He is so talented! We had got an estimate for an electrician to do it but after watching YouTube and talking to his brother he did it.  
Our kitchen before......
After.....
Before.....
After......
The transformation is amazing and we are so happy with it!! All our hard work paid off.
Sunday November 22nd I put our Christmas lights up...

and I made a mini Thanksgiving feast for our family of four in my new kitchen.

Thanksgiving week the kids were off of school. We tried to stay home and away from people as much as possible so that we could go up to Sonora and see family.  Spencer finished the wall part of the wall lol! It really felt like two different spaces.
We met with dad for sandwiches one day..
We went to the park a lot to play football and let the dogs run.

Hard to believe Aubrey has been at her school for a half a year already and hasn't even been on campus.
Carter made a cute pumpkin craft for boy scouts..
We also got to start decorating for Christmas that week


Baking in our new kitchen...


So fun that I bought this ornament when we went to Disneyland in February.  Not many people can say they went to Disneyland in 2020 it's still closed due to COVID.  
Carter and dad got to build a fun roller coaster...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Loving our new house!!!! 
Thursday November 26th was Thanksgiving. 
Having our traditional Cinnamon rolls for breakfast while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade.
We got to do a Supinger zoom party that day.
Then we headed up to Sonora for our family Thanksgiving.






It's always so fun all being together celebrating.  We love our family so much!
Gaga got a new VR so the kids had a blast trying it out.




We spent the weekend up in Sonora which was so nice.  
The puppies just love Nana...
Friday November 27th we went up to Columbia for the day. 


Carter got a cool horseshoe made with his name branded into it.
Carter and I climbed to the top of the rocks.
We all went on a nice hike and checked out the school house.
That night we had pizza and game night.
We also helped them get their Christmas stuff out.
Wish bone time.  
We felt truly grateful that we were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with our family this year.  2020 has been so hard for so many.  Lots of people were unable to see their loved ones so we felt blessed that we were able to "quarantine" and get to spend time all together.  We were also incredibly thankful that after Thanksgiving we all stayed healthy and well. The country saw a huge spike in numbers after Thanksgiving so we were so grateful that we all stayed healthy while still getting to be together.
Saturday November 28th we came back to Merced. We did a bike ride to the park to play football and then rode our bikes to dinner.    

Sunday November 29th we decorated our big Christmas tree and took some family pictures...



Having fun with our selfie stick...





I'm loving all the fun new areas I get to decorate.

and we have so much space to do crafts too!


We are excited for Christmas!!

No comments: