Friday, September 1, 2017

The rest of August

The last few weeks of August were pretty much spent getting back into the swing of things and back on the school schedule.  Like I said in my last post I'm still feeling like it's summer time and so I don't think it has hit me that we are really are on a routine.  It feels like the fun is still continuing which is really cool!
The kids are both LOVING school it's just so much fun hearing their stories and seeing all the fun stuff they do.  I have been enjoying my workout time and not feeling guilty to take time for myself since I know they are occupied and having fun.  I just started a new body pump class that I love and it's fun I get to take it with a friend.  I also have been getting to go on walks with my friends.  It's been nice.  
Look at these two cuties!!!
 Our friends the Callister's invited us and a few other families up to their cabin for the weekend of August 18th.  Aubrey was invited to our dear family friends to celebrate Carrie's 8th birthday.  Carrie had to make a decision of a big party at home with lots of friends or just one friend for an amazing adventure day.  She chose just one friend and the adventure day and the friend she wanted was Aubrey! Aubrey was thrilled but since we had this cabin trip planned I was a little worried how it would work out.  Well after thinking about it most all the kids that were going to the cabin were younger so we decided that Aubrey could stay with the Sharps Friday night and for the fun day on Saturday and we would only take Carter up to the cabin with us.  It was a hard decision since I don't really let my kids do sleep overs but the Sharps are like family so we felt comfortable with it.  I'm glad we did it because Aubrey had the time of her life as you will see in the next few pictures!
Friday night slumber party! 
Saturday PARTY day!! Carrie loves Descendents and JoJo bows so we got her the outfit she is wearing for her special day as her gift.
first up the park....
Then the nickle arcade.....
 McDonald's for lunch
Then Rockin Jump...

they even did the wind thing!
ice cream treat at Coldstones..
Then to kiddieland for unlimited rides....




 and then they came home! Wow what a day!! 
We had a lot of fun up at the cabin with our friends.  We had pizza Friday night and games.  Saturday we slept in.  Not Cooper he waited and waited for Carter to wake up.
 Susan, Amy and I went on a jog.  All the men played ping pong that morning.  Then we all got ready for the lake.

 Carter and Payton.  
It's crazy that Susan I have been friends since before we were even pregnant with these two!
After we packed up and said good bye to our friends we went over to my parents for a BBQ they are only about 10 minutes away from the cabin.  We had a great afternoon being together.
I love this plaque my dad had made for their house.
Titi made the best dessert as always!

 After dessert we came back to Merced and got our girl we were so happy to see her and hear all about her adventures of the day.
Nana and Papa are so thoughtful and sent cards to the kids wishing them luck for the school year.  It's always fun to get mail!

 Monday August 21st was the solar eclipse.  Aubrey's class made shadow things to see it.
 Tuesday August 22nd Carter started Taekwondo.  He loves it!! He has wanted to do it for a long time so I was glad we could make it work this year with our schedule.  It's Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and he is learning so much! Not only all the kicks but also some Korean!
 Wednesday August 23rd back to Activity days! So excited to have a new helper, Susan Tingey.  She loves activity day girls so she will be tons of fun to work with.  Our first activity was a sewing project and she offered to organize and host it! The girls had a great time.




 Thursday August 24th Taekwondo. 


Aubrey really wants to do a tumbling class to prepare for cheerleading but I'm not sure how we will fit it in yet but I'm working on that.  I was kind of surprised she wants to do that since she stopped doing dance in first grade but hay it sounds fun so I'm looking into it.  Girl Scouts starts on September 12th and she is excited about that coming up.
Friday August 25th was hat day at school.
 Aubrey also had a balloon challenge that day at school.
That night we invited Carrie over for a sleep over. They had a blast making a cake, jumping on the trampoline, making slime and watching movies.






 Saturday August 26th enjoying the gym pool for the day.

 That night was a couple date night to Pocket 8's to celebrate Deana's birthday.


 We always have a great time with these couples!
 The last week of August I was getting over a bad cold and my poor mom had shoulder surgery. So I don't have many pictures.  Nana is recovering and we can't wait to go and visit her hopefully soon.  We ended August making some fluffy slime which the kids loved!

Bye bye August 2017 it was fun.  So excited for the fall coming and cooler weather!

No comments: