Friday, December 13, 2013

Deck the Halls

Well I thought I would stay strong and not decorate the house until after Thanksgiving but I just couldn't resist these cute faces.......

 We were all too excited so the Sunday before Thanksgiving we did.  It was so nice having everything up and getting to enjoy it all during Thanksgiving break.  I'm happy we did it because now that we are in the crazy "Christmas life" that December brings I find no time to work on Christmas crafts so at least I had the time during Thanksgiving week and was able to make the house a perfect winter wonderland.  Christmas seems to get more fun every year.  The kids are very much into it.  We have fun finding the elf everyday and eating the chocolate in their advent calendars.  We have also tried to do a Christmas activity everyday too.  Makes for a crazy busy month but I love the family traditions that we are sticking with.  The kids and us too are in love with singing Christmas carols.  Carter's favorite is Jingle Bells and when Aubrey is coloring or working on crafts I hear her humming Christmas tunes.  When the Charlie Brown song comes on the radio Carter always pretends he is the stinky kid playing the chelllo.  Carter reminds us everyday that its almost Jesus' Birthday and that warms my heart. 



 Here is one of my latest crafts that I made for gifts.  I've also been more into wreaths this year and will take some pictures for the next post.
 I finally got the Burch tree I have wanted for so long and Spencer plated it for us that same weekend.  It will be fun to take the kids picture by it every year to see it grow with them.
Here are some cute pictures of Carter at work a couple weeks ago.  Tough day at the office!


 Ms. Stapp has us busy busy! I have been helping out every week and helping to plan the Christmas party for next week.  I have also been helping with take home projects and we even put Daddy to work to make a tree for the Christmas program.
 One of my favorite memories as a child is going to a movie in the theater around the holidays.  This year we were lucky that a great movie was playing, Frozen.  We had a wonderful day out as a family.

No comments: