Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

September 11, 2001 a day that will never be forgotten!

I can not believe that it has been 10 years. I remember one of my sorority sisters coming into my room saying, "hurry turn the TV on! Something bad just happened." We started watching the Today show and at the time just one of the towers had been hit and we had no idea why. Then we all watched in horror as the other tower was hit soon after. It was the most shocked I have ever felt in my life. Thinking of that day brings such sadness. My thoughts and prayers go out to the ones that lost family and friends that tragic day. I feel honored to be in a country were we have so many brave honorable people that serve our great nation and do so much to take care of all of us. My family and I went to the 9/11 parade and ceremony today to honor all those lives and all the service people that work so hard everyday for us.

No comments: