Monday, May 18, 2009

Our Pergola

Spencer is building me a pergola and I'm so so so happy! I have wanted a pergola over our patio since we moved to our house back in 2007. We got our wood delivered on Friday and Spencer went right to work. He took that afternoon off and put all 6 posts up. He woke up early Saturday morning and worked very hard putting up the frame. He took a break to see the first lady and then went right back to work. It was a very hot weekend here in the 100's so I'm so impressed with all that he got done on Saturday. Here are some pictures of the process:
Before:

All our red wood:

The posts are up!


Daddy's little helper:

The frame is all done:


He only has the two middle supports to put up and all the 2x2's and then we will have a beautiful pergola. I'm always so impressed by all the things my hubby can do.

1 comment:

Marlyse said...

Wow that is GREAT! And Spencer is awesome for doing that.