Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Last week before Christmas

Well the week before Christmas came as fast as can be and we stayed as busy as ever.  Monday we were home sick with colds and poor Spencer had the flu.  Tuesday was a work day and Wednesday was Santa day at Peterson.  Stan was Santa again and I was his elf helper.  I think I need to maybe enlist my sister for this job next year since everyone is starting to know me at Peterson and I think it confuses the kids having a mom they know as an elf.  But it is always fun and I love the attention.  I think it's the way the princesses must feel at Disneyland.  Everyone wants to touch my dress and take pictures with me.  We even had a mom at the Peterson preschool ask if we do parties.  It was fun.  Aubrey was pretty proud of her mama.
and that she knew who was under the beard this year.
My mom came down and watched Carter for me that day.  Carter was so cute when I was getting ready he would say, "mommy you are so pretty." I really like these pictures my mom took of us.  
Carter got to do some shopping with Nana and then I got to enjoy a Panera lunch with Nana, yummy.
After school that day we went and played at the park.
Both Christmas parties were on Thursday at the same time! Yikes! Ms. Buttrey had pretty much gave me the rains to organize the 1st grade party so I could not miss that so thank goodness for papa! He came down and took Carter to his.  Ms. Buttrey and I decided on doing a Christmas around the world themed party.  We did 5 countries so we had 5 different stations.  We had making gingerbread cookies for Germany, paper stockings for Italy, Santa origami for Japan, candy canes out of beads for the United States and snow globe ornaments for Australia.  We made a list of the supplies we needed and had moms donate most of the supplies.  I took on the ornaments and found this cute fun yet easy craft for the kids to make for their snow globes.
I found so many other cute ideas but we didn't want to use water and oil we wanted it to last.  These were a big hit and the kids loved making them.  I wished I would have taken more pictures at the party but I was running around helping.  I did get a few and I was happy that I got one at each station.
USA
Germany
Italy
Australia
I guess not Japan, Dang it!
The party was so much fun! It was a half day that day so the time just flew by! My dad had to leave for work so after the preschool party Carter got to make his appearance at the 1st grade party.  
I had so much fun making Ms. Buttrey's sign for her Christmas gift.  She loved it!! I was also happy to find these adorable note pads on groop dealz that I had personalized for the office staff.
Papa and Carter had a great time at their Christmas party too.  Santa came and gave each child a book.  Carter was very excited to get the new Big Hero 6 book that even came with tattoo's.

 Santa signed it for him.
 Then they played games and made crafts.



 Snack were those cute grape Grinch heads.  
 Every year the preschool adopts a family for Christmas and we all donate things on their wish lists.  This year it was a single mom of 4 with brain cancer.  The preschool did so much for them it was amazing.  Although I think that it would be better if the preschool adopted more then just one family.  With 25 different families we could have made a few families Christmas's this year.  It is a good experience for the kids to get to go to their home and deliver the gifts.  I thought it was great that my dad could do that with Carter. 

 Carter always loves the chance to drive in Papa's truck! How cool to be in the front.
Such an awesome papa for coming down and going to this party for Carter and taking so many pictures! I feel so blessed to have such great parents that will drop everything to come down and help me out! They are the best Nana and Papa ever!
After our busy day on Thursday we were very excited to begin our Christmas break!!! Thursday night I had a relief society progressive dinner.  It was fun being with friends.  
Friday was so nice sleeping in!! We also had daddy's annual lunche-in party at his office. 
 We tried to get a picture with all the kids but 2 had already left by the time we took the picture and I think 3 others were not even there that day.
 Saturday Spencer surprised me with my Christmas gift a new iPhone 6! I was very excited.  I didn't think he bought it yet.  We had been talking about it and he asked me Saturday morning if it was up to me would I want to wait for Christmas morning or would I want to go and get one that day to enjoy it before Christmas and I decided on the 2nd option and then he pulled it out from behind his back.  I was very excited! It was fun to go and buy accessories and play with the camera that whole day.
We just had kind of a catch up day on Saturday.  We were busy doing some last minute shopping, eating at Sizzler and having a polar express movie night.  

Sunday we decided it would be fun for sharing time to have a movie with a milk & cookie party for the primary children.  The kids loved it and I had fun setting it up.

 Our Christmas gift to the children were ornaments with their picture in it.  Lori did a great job taking the pictures.  I wish I would have bought a little bigger bulbs and that they didn't have the the rainbowish coloring to them.  But oh well they still came out cute.
 Christmas break feels so good! I loved every minute of it!
Monday we meet up for lunch with daddy at our favorite sushi place and then I took the kids to the new movie, Annie.  It was adorable and a lot of fun! Aubrey wanted to look like Annie so she picked out a red dress, how cute is that!
 I took Tuesday off work, yay! The kids and I did a little more shopping, Aubrey and I got manicures (Carter was a trooper at the nail salon) and then had a picnic in the park it was very nice just being us and enjoying the nice weather that day.
After the park we came home and made cookies and treats for our neighbors.  We also worked on wrapping all our gifts.  That night we went through the neighborhood delivering gifts.
and then Wednesday was already Christmas Eve (next post) can you believe it! 

Here are a couple of other cute pictures I just forgot to post earlier.  The kids drew baby Jesus with chalk in the front yard.
 We made these fun melted crayon ornaments for our kid tree.

No comments: