Monday, January 26, 2015

Joy School

It's official we are are no longer Merced parent preschool students, Carter or I.  This was a big decision.  As I have said in other posts I always loved the idea of the school but had a hard time with the teachers and how they treated the parents and some of the kids.  Well after going back and forth all last semester I finally came to the decision it was better for both Carter and I to do our own kind of preschool.  It was to much stress on me for him to only go 1 or 2 days a week and when I got yelled at for having my phone out to take a picture of Carter when he was super kid it was the last straw lol!  I have never been more happy with a decision we have loved the no stress and not being yelled at life.  A few of the ladies from church have a joy school program that they invited us to join in on.  We rotate hosting once a week and we teach lots of great topics that help with every day situations and its all very happy and positive.  There are only 2 other boys but they are all the same age and get along great.  Carter was very excited for his day Wednesday January 7.   

I hosted my first time on Monday January 12.  Jessica let me borrow this great book.
My lesson was on goals and knowing you can achieve them if you try.  I went with a train theme and it was lots of fun.  Aubrey reminded me Carter had his train hat from Papa and we went to train party a few years a go and got a couple more hats so all the boys got to wear one while we did our lesson.  We made trains with our names, filled out a sheet with what we loved last year and what our goals are for this year.
 I had a perfect alphabet train puzzle for them to all work on.  It was great hearing them sing the alphabet and work together to build the train.

 For snack we made trains out of gram crackers, peanut butter and banana's for the wheels.  We also put raisins and strawberries and said those were the people.  They loved it.
 Aubrey was having one of her swollen lip episodes (not contagious) so I keep her home to rest she spent most of the time resting in her room but did help with the puzzle and craft it was very nice having another "mommy" to help, 
 It was a fun day.  On our no joy school days we have been working in a kindergarten work book.  We also have been working on the letters.  Spencer was cute and said Carter learned more in 1 day at home then 1 1/2 years at preschool, haha. 
 I have just loved the time I have to just be us and enjoying! 
I found a box with my old cabbage patch kids in it and the kids have had so much fun playing with them.  It's funny that I had a blond boy and girl with brown eyes when I was younger to play with and now I have the real thing.  Carter named his son Snoopy and he takes him everywhere.  
A few Fridays ago Ms. Buttrey texted me Aubrey's spelling test it was so funny.  She said something like "what words are you teaching at home lol": 
We sure got a good laugh and for sure will save that one!

We are happy to be part of joy school now and to be home more and not feel like we are missing something at school.  I really struggle with if I should home school Aubrey too.  I know I can do it and I know that I would love having my kids all to myself at home.  But I need to remember that they need to grow and make friends and not have a mom that is hovering over them at all time.  Since I have her, I feel in the best school in the area and I'm able to volunteer so much I feel like right now it's working for us.  Plus it helps to have a great teacher.  That is another reason stopping MPP was a great choice Ms. Buttrey invites Carter to all the 1st grade parties and activities.     

No comments: