Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Preschool

My Special project for the Spring semester at preschool was the Father's day gifts.  It was a big but super fun project!  I loved all they did for us moms so I wanted to make the dads feel really special too.
I had a $140 budget and I was working alone so I decided on doing a framed photo collage.  Costco does the collages for around $1.30 and I found great 8x10 frames at the dollar store.  One the top of the photo it says I Love My Daddy Because.... and I took 3 different pictures of each child holding a chalk board with the reasons they love their daddy's.  It was too cute some of the answers!!! I loved doing this and getting to know each one of the kids a little better.  Since I still had some money in the budget I found these great mugs at the dollar store and decided to etch (example:"Aubrey's Daddy").  I was also happy to find Dad's root beer to go along with it and I did a dad's interview with each child to put in the cup.  Yes it was a lot! But I spent under my budget, $137 I think every dad loved it.
The morning of the party
I was happy that I got to come to the dad's only party to pass out the gifts.  The other moms working that day and I decided it would be fun to dress like "men" waiters.  


 Thrilled with how this came out!!!
 I loved how many dad's came for this day it was amazing!!! It was on Friday May 24th 9-11am so right in the middle of the work day but all these men made arraignments to be there.  It was very special for the kids and made me even more happy to be part of this amazing group of parents.



Aubrey you are so lucky to have such an amazing dad to help you learn, grow and laugh with.

1 comment:

haley said...

That looks like quite the project! Congrats, it turned out great!! But you always do such a good job with everything! Wish I could've been there to hear all about it. So glad lots of the dads could be there!